- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk, heated
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup grated Gruyere cheese
- ½ cup grated Comte cheese
- ½ cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- Coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour until fully incorporated, about 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk; bring to a simmer and continue whisking until sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack, Gruyere, Comte, and cheddar cheeses. Whisk cheeses into simmering milk mixture, about ½ cup at a time, letting each addition melt before adding the next. Add 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; generously season with salt and return to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and transfer saucepan with cheese sauce, and fold to combine; serve immediately.
from An Adventure with Food http://adenoffood.tumblr.com/post/163601483148
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/163601703877