Spiced Porridge with caramelized bananas by @rainbowplantlife 💛
¾ cup oats
1.5 cups almond milk
1 large banana, divided
1 Medjool date
½ t cinnamon
¼ t each sea salt, nutmeg, & ginger
1 T almond butter
1-2 t coconut oil
2 t coconut sugar
½ of an orange
1. Heat milk in saucepan. Slice banana in half, horizontally. With one half, slice into coins. With other half, slice vertically.
2. Once milk is boiling, reduce heat and add oats, banana coins, dates, and spices. Using a wooden spoon, mash up the banana & date.
3. Cook 5-10 minute until porridge is thickened. Add almond butter during last minute or two.
4. While porridge is cooking, heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle coconut sugar on both sides of banana slices and orange slices.
5. Once skillet is very hot, add fruit and cook 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook 1 more minute. Serve on top of porridge. Enjoy! #letscookvegan
from Beautiful Pictures Of Healthy Food http://beautifulpicturesofhealthyfood.tumblr.com/post/154562582669
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/154562775177