Homemade One-Pot Macaroni & Cheese
*1 ½ cups whole milk
*1 to 1 ¾ cups water
*226 gr/ 7oz small elbow macaroni
*½ teaspoon salt
*Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
*1 cup cheddar, grated
- In a medium pot set over medium heat, combine milk, 1 cup water, macaroni, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a low simmer, stirring frequently to prevent the macaroni from clumping and the milk from boiling over.
- Once the mixture simmers, reduce heat to low and stir continuously until pasta is done to your liking, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- The macaroni will absorb the liquid while cooking, so stir in additional water as needed, ¼ cup at a time.
- Once pasta is done and the sauce is creamy, remove the pot from the heat and gradually stir in the grated cheddar, 1/3 cup at a time, until smooth and melted. Taste and add more salt, if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/143760226921
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/143760616512