Avocado Cream & Prawns Fusilli
This is the perfect recipe to say hello to Autumn. The colors in this dish are simply cheerful and light. The avocado sauce is a little different than most cream sauce as it adds extra richness and a unique flavor to the pasta dish.
Throw in a few prawns or shrimps for extra flavors and texture!
- 2 cups fusilli pasta
- 2 avocados - mashed
- ½ cup prawns
- ½ onion
- some alfalfa sprouts
- 1 egg (optional)
- salt & pepper
1. In a large pot, boil the fusilli pasta with a pinch of salt. Cook till Al dente and then drain.
2. Prepare the avocados by peeling them and taking out the large seed. Then coarsely chop the avocados into small cubes. Use a masher next and mash the avocados into a creamy texture.
3. In a shallow pot, lightly sauté the chopped onions and garlic with a small amount of olive oil.
4. Add in the mashed avocados and cook. Keep stirring to make sure the avocado doesn’t burn.
5. Then add in the heavy cream and stir evenly into the mashed avocado. Keep cooking and stirring until the mixture becomes a smooth creamy sauce.
6. Optional: sauté some prawns with salt and pepper and add it to the dish for additional flavours!
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/156762941026
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/156766140242