- 4 litres of full cream milk
- 1/16th of a teaspoon of Mesolphillic direct set culture (MO30)
- 1/8th of a teaspoon of liquid rennet diluted in 30ml (2 Tbspn) of unchlorinated water
- 1 Tablespoon of Cheese Salt
- 1/8th teaspoon of Calcium Chloride diluted in 30ml (2 Tbspn) of unchlorinated water, if using pasteurised/homogenised milk.
- Add milk to pot, heat to 32°C (90°F). Add the
- Add the culture and mix the milk well.
- Add the diluted rennet and stir for 1 minute only. Cover.
- Allow milk to set for 45-60 minutes, or until you get a clean break.
- Cut the curd into ½ cm (¼ inch) cubes.
- During the next 20 minutes, slowly increase the temperature to 35°C (95°F), stirring gently to keep the curds from matting.
- Cover and let the curds rest for 5 minutes.
- Drain off the whey by hand, return the curds to the pot.
- Add the salt and gently mix by hand. Cover and allow curds to rest at 35°C (95°F) for 30 minutes.
- Line your mould with cheesecloth and fill with curds
- Fold one corner of the cheesecloth over the mould and top with a follower. Press at 16kg (35lbs) for six hours.
- Remove from press and mould.
from An Adventure with Food http://adenoffood.tumblr.com/post/160408051995
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/160408094222