LEMON BUNDT CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp baking soda
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
* Zest of 2 lemons
* ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
* 2 cups sugar
* 3 eggs, at room temperature
* 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
* ½ cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 150 C . Spray a Bundt pan with vegetable spray
- . In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and add half the flour mixture. Once incorporated, slowly add the buttermilk mixture and the remaining flour mixture.
- Beat until batter is smooth and fluffy. Poor the batter evenly into the Bundt pan.
- Bake the cake until it is golden and a cake tester comes out clean, for 1 hour. Let the cake cool for 30 minutes before turning the cake out onto a plate.
- For the glaze: Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once bubbles have formed around the edges of the cream, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate.
- Whisk the cream and chocolate together until smooth. Pour the glaze over the cake, and top with some lemon zest.
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/140529564536
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/140529625002