Smokey Maple Tempeh Sandwich by @botanicaleats 💛
1 package tempeh, cut in thick strips
¼ cup liquid aminos
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
two apple cores, can be omitted but I like the depth of flavor it adds
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon smoked seasalt
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1. Steam the tempeh for twenty minutes and in the meantime, combine liquid aminos, maple syrup, smoked paprika, apple cores and smoked sea salt in a shallow rectangular bowl.
2. Remove the tempeh, cut in strips, and allow to cool a bit before placing in the marinade.
3. Making sure all of the strips are exposed to the liquid, cover and place in the fridge for a few hours, turning the strips half way through if necessary.
4. Heat coconut oil in a sauté pan on medium heat. Once hot, remove the tempeh from the marinade and add the strips to the pan. Sear on both sides to brown.
5. As for the kale, simply saute it up with some minced garlic and oil. Place the tomatoes under a broiler briefly or sauté them as well. To make the scallion mayo just combined a generous amount of chopped scallions to your favorite vegan mayonnaise, with a dash of onion powder and a splash of lemon juice. Now build your sandwich! Enjoy! #LetsCookVegan
from Beautiful Pictures Of Healthy Food http://beautifulpicturesofhealthyfood.tumblr.com/post/141157598819
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/141158156462