Wild Rainbow Bowl by @mississippivegan 💚
How to make:
1. Start by making your rice for the base of the bowl. One cup of purple or black rice and one cup of jasmine rice with ½ teaspoon of turmeric and ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika to make the rice bright yellow.
2. Next, roast 3-4 large shiitake mushroom caps and two bunches of enoki mushrooms tossed in some tamari, a few dashes of liquid smoke, and olive oil for 15-20 mintues (until crispy on the edges) on 350 degrees F.
3. While roasting the shrooms, roast a handful of whole garlic cloves tossed in olive oil at the same temperature until golden brown.
4. Once cooled, slice the shiitakes on a bias, separate the enokis into bite sized pieces, and slice the garlic cloves in half.
5. Next sauté ½ cup of wild garlic mustard stems until bright green and slightly browned (you can use broccoli rabe as well).
6. To assemble: this part should be fun. There is no right or wrong way. The whole point is not to follow directions, but to do what you feel, playing with the colors and textures and making it look beautiful to you. Add mound mounds of each variety of rice into the bowl.
7. Then add one large dollop of your favorite hummus recipe. Then add slices of raw baby carrots, sliced cucumbers, and sliced garlic cloves.Then add piles of the sliced roasted mushrooms in different spots.
8. Next, stud piles of blanched edamame beans in clusters and stud a few endive leaves here and there. Add red radishes sliced into matchsticks and then add a cluster of sliced red peppers.
9. Then sprinkle with wild red buds, wild violets, wild crab apple flowers, wild flowering chickweed, wild dandelion greens. If you can’t access these foraged ingredients, you can use thinly sliced strips of kale or spinach and store bought flowers.
10. To finish this dish, add a sprinkling of Celtic sea salt, black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Enjoy! #LetsCookVegan
from Beautiful Pictures Of Healthy Food http://beautifulpicturesofhealthyfood.tumblr.com/post/145820357384
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/145821176682