- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 ounces mushroom popcorn kernels *
- 3 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Place the oil and a few popcorn kernels in a 6-quart metal mixing bowl. Cover with heavy-duty aluminum foil and poke 10 slits in the top with a knife.
- Place the bowl over medium-high heat and shake constantly using tongs to hold the bowl. Once the kernels pop, carefully add the remaining kernels, sugar and salt.
- Re-cover the bowl and return to medium high heat. Continue shaking constantly until the popcorn finishes popping, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and carefully remove the foil. Stir in the chili powder. Cool for 5 minutes before devouring.
from An Adventure with Food http://adenoffood.tumblr.com/post/159340554597
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/159340654507