HOMEMADE TACO RICE
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 minced cloves of garlic
• 1 finely minced red chili pepper
• 1 small minced onion
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 lb of ground beef, turkey or chicken
• ¼ cup tomato sauce
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 4 large shredded iceberg lettuce leaves
• 1 diced tomato
• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
• 1 cup salsa (optional)
• 4 Tablespoons sour cream (optional)
• 2 cups cooked white rice
1. Heat oil in a skillet, add onion and chili pepper and sauté until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook another minute.
2. Add chili powder and cumin. Cook for about 30 seconds until aromatic. Stir in ground meat, breaking up large pieces with a wooden spoon.
3. Stir and cook the meat thorough. Stir in tomato sauce and soy sauce and cook until warmed. Season to taste with salt.
4. To plate, add ½ cup cooked rice to a bowl or plate. Top with lettuce, seasoned meat mixture, cheese, tomatoes and, if desired, salsa and a dollop of sour cream. Repeat.
Makes four servings
EASY TACO RICE
• 2 cups cooked rice
• 1.5 lbs ground beef
• 2 packets taco seasoning powder
• 1 chopped onion
• 1 tomato
• Shredded taco cheese
Brown the beef and onion in a skillet. Add taco seasonings and mix well. Layer rice, ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, and cheese in a casserole dish. Top with a dollop of sour cream, if you wish. That’s it!
PRESSURE-COOKED TACO BEEF
• 2-3 lb roast (cut doesn’t matter – buy whatever is on sale)
• 3 large potatoes, peeled & diced
• 1 packet taco seasoning mix
• 1 cup water
Put all ingredients in the pressure cooker and lock down. Cook for 30minutes once it comes up to full pressure. Remove from heat and allow to cool down. Once rocker stops, remove lid and chop up meat and potatoes. Spoon into heated taco shells, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
• 5 Lb. lean ground beef
• 2 ½ c. chopped onions
• ½ tsp. black pepper
• ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 ½ tablespoons crushed dried oregano
1. Heat the pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Crumble beef into pressure cooker and break it up in small pieces of uniform size. When red color disappears, add ½ cup water, the onions, black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic and oregano. Lock the lid in place.
2. Bring to 15psi over high heat, immediately reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting to stabilize and maintain that pressure. Cook 8minutes. Remove from heat and use the natural release method before opening the lid. Transfer the cooked meat mixture to a large colander and drain thoroughly. Cool and divide into 5 portions of approximately
3. 1 pound each, label and freeze flat for later use.
VEGETARIAN TACO RICE
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 (16-ounce) package firm tofu, crumbled
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 4 cups steamed Japanese rice
• 2 cups shredded lettuce
• 2 cups chopped tomatoes
• 1 can (6-ounce) extra-large pitted California Ripe Olives, drained and sliced into thirds
• 1 cup salsa
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a 12-inch frying pan over medium heat. Add the tofu, onion, and garlic and stir fry for 5 minutes.
2. Add the soy sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to the fry pan and stir. Cook for 3 minutes, then stir in the cilantro. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Spread 1 cup of steamed rice on each plate. Top with the seasoned tofu. Then top with some lettuce, tomatoes, and olives. Finish with a spoonful of salsa and serve.
Makes four servings
– Rachael Hutchings, www.lafujimama.com
CROCKPOT TACO CHICKEN
• 1 packet taco seasoning
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1. Dissolve taco seasoning into chicken broth.
2. Place chicken breasts in crockpot and pour chicken broth over.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.
4. With two forks, shred the chicken meat into bite-size pieces.
5. To freeze, place shredded meat into freezer bags with the juices.
6. Press out all the air and seal.
TACO RICE CASSEROLE
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 x 1¼-ounce package taco seasoning mix
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 x 10¾-ounce can condensed tomato soup
• ½ of a 10-ounce can tomatoes and green chilies, about ⅔ cup
• 3 cups cooked rice
• 1 x 8-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
• ½ pound pasteurized process American cheese, cubed (2 cups)
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1½ cups cottage cheese
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
1. Cook beef in large skillet until meat is no longer pink, stirring to crumble. Drain off fat.
2. Add taco seasoning, salt, soup and tomatoes and green chiles. Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes to blend flavors.
3. Add rice, corn and cheese. Heat until mixture is hot and cheese melts.
Makes six servings
TACO RICE BELL PEPPERS
• 1 lb of ground cooked taco meat
• 2 cups white rice
• 4 large bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
• ½ cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
• ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• ¼ cup chopped freshly chopped cilantro
• ¼ cup chopped spring onions
1. Cook rice, cool then mix in cooked taco meat.
2. Heat oven to 400°. Spoon rice mixture into bell pepper halves. Place the stuffed peppers on a baking sheet. Sprinkle peppers with shredded cheese. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until bell peppers are tender and cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro and spring onions.
from An Adventure with Food http://adenoffood.tumblr.com/post/162320752768
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/162320795767