- 1 russet potato
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil, divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and grate the potato.
- Roll shredded potato up in 4-ply of paper towels and squeeze out the moisture. Repeat if necessary until most of the liquid is gone.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with salt & pepper.
- Preheat a large fry pan (preferable non-stick) to medium-high.
- Place one teaspoon of oil in the hot pan and swirl around.
- Add potatoes, patting them evenly and cleaning up edges.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook undisturbed and uncovered for 15 minutes.
- When bottom is crisp, turn potatoes over. If needed, cut into wedges for easier turning. Add ½ teaspoon of oil and swirl it around to reach all sides.
- Cook another 15 minutes until golden and crisp. Taste for salt.
from An Adventure with Food http://adenoffood.tumblr.com/post/162088234208
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/162088346272