Eating your two cups of veggies per lunch and supper everyday can get boring fast, but not when you have recipes like these yummy cauliflower tortillas! (Don’t forget to add your eggs in for protein count: 2 eggs= approx. 3oz)
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (lightly adapted with permission from The Slim Palate Cookbook by Joshua Weissman- Copyright 2014, Victory Belt Publishing, Inc.)
Yield: 6 small tortillas
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
• Small head of cauliflower
• 2 large eggs
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
• juice from ½ lime (add the zest too if you want more of a lime flavor)
• salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Trim the cauliflower, cut it into small, uniform pieces, and pulse in a food processor in batches until you get a couscous-like consistency. The finely riced cauliflower should make about 2 cups packed.
3. Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, then stir and microwave again for another 2 minutes. Place the cauliflower in a fine cheesecloth or thin dishtowel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible, being careful not to burn yourself. Dishwashing gloves are suggested as it is very hot.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in cauliflower, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Use your hands to shape 6 small “tortillas” on the parchment paper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip each tortilla, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until completely set. Place tortillas on a wire rack to cool slightly.
6. Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium. Place a baked tortilla in the pan, pressing down slightly, and brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
• You can munch these by themselves or add some taco filling and fold it like a taco to get your full supper meal.
Nutritional Information per serving (using 1/8th teaspoon salt and pepper) -Serving size: 1 tortilla- Calories: 42.9, Fat: 1.8g, Saturated Fat: .6g, Sugar: .1g, Sodium: 95.7mg, Fiber: 1.8g, Protein: 3.6g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Carbohydrates: 4.2g
from Beautiful Pictures Of Healthy Food http://beautifulpicturesofhealthyfood.tumblr.com/post/150702012939
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/150702324407