Cheesy Bacon Puff-Pastry Twists
Yield: 12-14 twists
- 1 package refrigerated puff pastry
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 12-14 slices thickly cut bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, garnish
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- maple syrup, garnish
- Preheat oven to 375º F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray a wire rack with non-stick spray.
- Unfold puff pastry and evenly sprinkle cayenne over the dough. Top with cheddar cheese, then lightly go over with a rolling pin to press cheese into the pastry.
- Cut puff pastry into 12-14 thin strips (about ½-inch each) and fold each strip in half. Pinch edges together to seal.
- Taking one end in each hand, twist each strip several times, then take a slice of bacon and wrap it around each twist.
- Combine brown sugar, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix together.
- Carefully take each twist and press it into the sugar mixture until coated on all sides, then place twists on wire rack.
- Place wire rack on lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and puff pastry is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and garnish with oregano, if using.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.
from An Adventure with Food http://adenoffood.tumblr.com/post/136264458395
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/136265265062