- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- Place the oil, onions and ½ teaspoon salt in a 10-inch saute pan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the remaining ingredients and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt in a medium mixing bowl, add the cooled onions and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and stir again before serving.
- This dip is even better when made a day ahead. Just make sure that you cover it well with plastic wrap because fats (like sour cream) take in flavors and aromas hanging around the refrigerator like crazy old grandmas collect leftover gift wrapping.
from An Adventure with Food http://adenoffood.tumblr.com/post/132215694216
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/132216225587