GREEK YOGURT LASAGNA
* 1 kg/2.2lbs ground beef
* 4 cups of homemade marinara sauce
* 1 pack lasagna noodles
* 1 egg
* 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (reserve ½ cup for top layer of lasagna)
* ¾ cup Greek Kefalotyri or Parmesan cheese, shredded
* 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180 C / 356 F.
2. Crumble beef in medium saucepan and cook until browned. Remove from heat and drain fat. Return cooked beef to heat, add marinara sauce. Cook on medium heat until sauce has reduced by half; about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, rinse and set aside.
4. Combine egg, cheeses and yogurt in small bowl.
5. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles in the bottom of the dish.
6. Spread yogurt mixture over the noodles. Cover with a layer of meat sauce.
7. Repeat layers with noodles ,yogurt mixture and meat sauce. Sprinkle reserved mozzarella cheese on top.
8. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/139899895614
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/139900138242