Baileys Irish Cream Bundt Cake
For the Bundt Cake:
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
* 3 Tb. instant coffee granules
* 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
* 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
* ¾ cup sour cream
* 2 large eggs
* 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the Toppings:
* ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
* ¼ cup heavy cream
* ½ cup thick cream of caramel or dulce de leche
* 2 oz. chocolate & caramel bar to shave over the top
* Preheat the oven to 350 F / 170 C and move the oven racks to make room for a bundt pan in the center. Thoroughly butter and flour a 11-12 cup bundt pan. (I like to use the floured baking spray instead.)
* In the bowl of your electric mixer, combine the first 6 dry ingredients. Turn the mixer on low to stir. Then slowly add in the remaining 5 wet ingredients. Turn the mixer off. Scrape the bowl. Then mix again until smooth.
* Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 - 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to rest and cool for at least 20 minutes before flipping. Flip the cake onto a wire cooling rack and cool to room temperature before topping.
* Once the cake has cooled, bring the cream to a boil (in the microwave or on the stove.) Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips. Allow them to sit in the hot cream for 5 minutes, then stir to combine. Place a piece of wax paper under the wire cooling rack.
* Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate ganache over the cake. Then warm the caramel until just warm enough to drizzle, not hot. Drizzle over the cake. Use a veggie peeler to shave the chocolate bar over the top of liquid toppings. Let the toppings set before wrapping the cake. You can, however, cut it immediately after topping!
Recipe adapted from : A Spicy Perspective
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/140146521241
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/140146850647