SOUR CREAM MARBLE CAKE
* 350gr/12,3oz all-purpose flour, sifted
* 1½ tsp baking powder
* ¼ tsp salt
* 2 cups granulated sugar
* 3 eggs, room temperature
* 1 cup sour cream
* ¼ cup milk
* ½ cup safflower oil or butter
* ½ cup cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 150 C / 300 F. Butter a bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Place oil and sugar in a stand mixer bowl . Beat on medium high until mixture is blended. Add the eggs, sour cream, milk and the flour mixture.
4. Beat mixture until it becomes light and fluffy.
5. Divide batter into two and fold the cocoa powder to one of the two mixtures.
6. Dollop the two mixtures alternately into the pan first, next to each other, then, in layers on top of each other. When done, insert a knife to the mixture (all the way down) and start swirling the batter. Don’t mix to the point where all the batter turns chocolaty.
7. Bake for about 1 hour. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then turn it out from the pan and let it cool completely.
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/139554782816
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/139554877047