GREEK MINCE PIE
-8 Sheets of homemade phyllo bough
-400gr/14oz ground beef -1 onion, minced -3 tbsp. olive oil
-1 cup grated fresh tomato sauce -¼ cup chopped fresh parsley -1 tsp. dried mint -Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
-½ cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly oil an baking pan.
- In a large saucepan heat the olive oil, over medium heat and sauté the ground beef, until all pink color disappears.
- Add the onion and saute for about 2 min.
- Add parsley, mint, salt, pepper, tomato sauce and warm water.
- Simmer for 15 min, stirring occasionally.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough in prepared baking pan, and brush lightly with»
- Lay another sheet of phyllo dough on top, brush with olive oil, and repeat process with two more sheets of phyllo.
- Spread mince mixture into pan and top with the remaining 4 sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each with oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve while hot.
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/139501241776
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/139502185822