Zucchini pasta with avocado sauce
Best. Lunch. Ever.
Here is the recipe for this amazing dish, and i made it up myself so please give me credit if reposted or anything:
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced extremely thinly (it takes a long time, so be patient)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ a small, ripe avocado
- 2 capfuls (using the lid of the vinegar bottle) worth of white vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, diced
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- sea salt
1) Once the zucchini is sliced, place into a strainer over a large bowl/sink. Add a generous amount of sea salt as it will help draw out the immense amount of water the zucchini holds. Allow to drain for a minimum for 30 minutes and cover with a paper towel/napkin.
2) Shake all of the water out the zucchini and press a paper towl onto the strips to drain out any leftover water.
3) Heat a frying pan up to medium/high and place the coconut oil in the pan. Fry the zucchini until it is slightly browned, translucent, and has lost most of it’s crunch. The time will vary depending on how thinly you sliced up the zucchini.
4) Combine the avocado, garlic, vinegar, and black pepper to taste in a small bowl and set aside.
5) Remove the zucchini from the heat when cooked and transfer back into the strainer. Allow to drain for 10 minutes, and then use a paper towel/napkin to soak up any liquid left on the zucchini.
6) Place the zucchini pasta into a bowl artistically/however you desire and spoon the avocado sauce on the top.
from Beautiful Pictures Of Healthy Food http://www.beautifulpicturesofhealthyfood.com/post/158320299924
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/158320440612