- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ c. chopped parsley
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 8 pepperoni slices
- 2 c. jarred marinara
- 4 Italian rolls (or hamburger buns)
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, garlic and parsley. Mix with spatula until just combined. Using your hands, form 4 equally-sized patties. Season both sides with salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook for 4 to 5 minutes (for medium). Flip the patties, then immediately pour marinara around them in the pan. Simmer for another minute, then top each with cheese and 2 slices of pepperoni. Cover pan and cook until the cheese melts and the burger is cooked to your liking, about 3 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, make garlic buns. Brush melted butter on each half of the rolls. Sprinkle both sides with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parmesan. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Spread a dollop of marinara on each bottom bun followed by cooked burgers and the top bun halves.
from An Adventure with Food http://adenoffood.tumblr.com/post/158630461633
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/158630559372