Three Cheese and Date DipServes 10Ingredients
- 4 ounces medjool dates, about 8 large, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup brandy
- ½ cup muscavado sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces brie cheese, cut into chunks (see note)
- 4 ounces toasted walnuts
- Combine the dates, water, brandy and sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce until dates are softened and mixture is syrup-thick, about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely. (This part can be made up to a week in advance.)
- Add the mascarpone, cream cheese, thyme, salt and pepper to slow cooker and whip with a hand mixer on medium speed.
- Fold in the brie, walnuts and date mixture and set the cooker to “low” for 1 hour. Stir and continue to maintain serving temp on the low or “warm” setting if available. Serve with toasted baguette.
from An Adventure with Food http://adenoffood.tumblr.com/post/138550275261
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/138550590262