CHOCOLATE M&M COOKIES
* ½ cup butter, softened
* ½ cup sugar
* ½ cup brown sugar
* 1 egg, at room temperature
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* ½ cup cocoa powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* ¼ tsp salt
* 2 Tbls milk
* 1 cup mini M&M’s, plus ¼ cup for the top
1. In a stand mixer, cream the butter for 20 seconds. Add the sugars, and cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until combined. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. The dough should be pretty thick. Using a spatula, mix in the milk. Stir in 1 cup of mini M&M’s.
2. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. The longer it chills, the thicker the cookies will be!
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop golf ball sized balls of dough into a baking sheet. Press a few mini M&M’s into the top of each ball of dough.
4. Bake for 9-10 minutes. The cookies will be done on the edges, but appear underdone in the center. Let the cookies cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
5. Store in an air tight container for up to a week
Slightly adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/138601083021
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/138601287327