CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIES WITH CREAM CHEESE FILLING
* 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* ½ teaspoon baking soda
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
* ½ cup butter, softened
* 2/3 cup brown sugar
* ¼ cup granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 large egg
* 1 package 230 g/8oz cream cheese
* ¼ cup butter, softened
* 2-½ cups confectioners’ sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Preheat oven to 175 C/ 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
* In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Set aside.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and both sugars. Mix in egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
* Scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the cookie sheets.
* Bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cool completely before filling and making sandwiches.
* In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/138732907176
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/138733860597