GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
*8 potatoes peeled and quartered
*1⅓ cup milk
*2 garlic cloves smashed
*3 Tbsp butter
*¼ cup sour cream
*1 tsp salt
*⅛ tsp ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a medium pot, bring them to a boil and cook until tender.
- In a small pot bring to a boil 1⅓ cup of milk with 2 smashed garlic cloves.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture stand.
- Drain and mash cooked potatoes using potato masher and hand mixer afterwards.
- Place potatoes back on the stove at medium heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes until slightly dry, than remove from heat.
- Add to potatoes and mix together 1⅓ cup of milk mixture , 3 Tbsp of butter, ¼ cup of sour cream, 1 tsp of salt, ⅛ tsp pepper until well combined.
- Serve warm and sprinkle parsley or chives on top for garnish ( optional )
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/143606478346
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/143606584322