sábado, 23 de abril de 2016

tango-mango: Stacked shrimp and avocado salad Have you ever...





tango-mango:

Stacked shrimp and avocado salad

Have you ever made a stacked salad? I do it occasionally if I’m working with ingredients that tend to hold together. Avocados are perfect because of their texture, and shrimp work really well too, because of their curved shape.

Yesterday I had the help of the Star Wars Jedis helping me in the kitchen (check it out!), and we made two of these beautiful salads for lunch. I cut one whole avocado into long pieces, coarsely diced part of a cucumber, minced a few teaspoons of red onion, and removed the tails from a dozen large, cooked shrimp. Using two tin cans as molds, I layered the ingredients, making sure a layer of shrimp was on top. After I carefully removed the rings, I sprinkled the salads with snipped chives.

You can find more tips for making stacked salads here.

To make the vinaigrette, whisk together:

  • ¼ cup light olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons red wine or cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Drizzle vinaigrette over each salad.

.



from Beautiful Pictures Of Healthy Food http://beautifulpicturesofhealthyfood.tumblr.com/post/143286418434
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/143287027947
via IFTTT

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario