This salad is so delicious. The textures of the crunchy pomegranate seeds and the silky smooth mozzarella are a delight, and the dressing is tangy, fresh, and slightly sweet. It is a beautiful and colorful salad to serve during the holidays.
Pomegranate seed salad with fresh mozzarella and mint
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, torn or chopped
- ½ teaspoon minced Serrano chiles, or pickled jalapeno (optional)
- ¼ cup light olive oil or cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, gently combine the mozzarella, pomegranate seeds, leaves, and chile pepper. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently. Serve on a platter.
from Beautiful Pictures Of Healthy Food http://beautifulpicturesofhealthyfood.tumblr.com/post/143328818979
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/143328819787