TABBOULEH SALAD It is usually made of bulgur, tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, mint, onion and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Tabbouleh is traditionally served as part of a mezze in the Arab world. —————————————————————–
*½ cup fine bulghur wheat
*3 bunches flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
*½ cup mint, finely chopped
*2 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
*2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
*4 green onions, thinly sliced
*¼ cup olive oil
*3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
*Kosher salt to taste
- Place the bulgur in a bowl, and cover with hot water.
- Soak for 20 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Drain through a cheesecloth-lined strainer, and press the bulgur against the strainer to squeeze out excess water.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and combine with the herbs. Fold in the tomatoes, cucumber, and green onions.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and toss well. Sprinkle in the salt , stir and serve or cover and refrigerate.
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/143380322101
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/143380983937