Sweet Fries & Hummus Dip by @secretsquirrelfood 💜
For the sweet fries:
1 large sweet potato
1 tablespoons vegetable oil (enough to coat)
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Sprinkle of paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 200 degrees celsius.
2. Scrub then cut the sweet potatoes into 1cm sticks.
3. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with vegetable oil, cinnamon, paprika, salt and the pepper.
4. Transfer sweet potatoes onto a baking tray and spread into one layer. Try not to crowd them too much or else they will not brown.
5. Bake fries in the oven, turning once, until edges are lightly brown for approximately 20 minutes.
6. Serve fries with a sprinkle of extra salt on top.
For the Hummus Dip:
1 can chickpeas
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp lime juice
salt to taste
water to thin
1. Drain chickpeas and rinse off all the brine.
2. Remove the skin from each chickpea by popping it out between your thumb and index finger.
3. Place the chickpeas into a food processor along with the garlic and process for 1 minute.
4. Add tahini, lime juice and salt and keep processing.
5. Whilst the food processor is still running, slowly add water until the hummus becomes a smooth and creamy texture.
6. Refrigerate or use immediately. This will last in the fridge for approximately 4 days.
from Beautiful Pictures Of Healthy Food http://beautifulpicturesofhealthyfood.tumblr.com/post/142396979309
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/142397230292