1 cup of acorn flour (you can probably buy some OR make them how Carol likely did)
1/3 cup of date sugar (palm and coconut blossom sugar are good substitutes)
¼ cup beet puree
1 tablespoon of orange juice
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
¼ teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Peel as much beets as you want to use. Cut into chunks. Steam or cook for about 20 minutes until soft. Let it cool off a little, put it in a blender or food processor and blend into a puree. You might want to add a little water while blending. I used ¼ cup of water for 800 grams of steamed beets.
- Add all cookie ingredients to a food processor and process into a dough. This can also be done with a mixer or just by hand and spoon. You choose.
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Form 10-12 balls from the dough by using your hands.
- Put the balls on the baking tray and make them flat by patting on them with your fingers.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes.
from An Adventure with Food http://adenoffood.tumblr.com/post/142901159781
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/142901520637