STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP LOAF
* 350gr/12,3oz all-purpose flour, sifted
* 1½ tsp baking powder
* ¼ tsp salt
* 2 cups granulated sugar
* 3 eggs, room temperature
* 1 1/3 cups milk
* 1 cup safflower oil or butter
* 1 ½ cup fresh strawberries, chopped
* ½ chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 150 C / 300 F. Butter a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place oil and sugar in a stand mixer bowl . Beat on medium high until mixture is blended.
- Add the eggs, milk and the flour mixture.
- Beat mixture until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the strawberries and chocolate chips. Reserve 1 tbsp of each to top the batter.
- Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Scatter the reserved strawberries and chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then turn it out from the pan and let it cool completely.
from MY GREEKITCHEN http://mygreekitchen.tumblr.com/post/142805361416
from Tumblr http://0foodphotography.tumblr.com/post/142806297397